Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dr. Garza

Sue A Demille Medical Center is a beautiful place. There are all kinds of Dr.'s in this facility. When I entered the front doors on my way to my "FAT DOC", I encountered a mom and her daughter. They were debating on taking the stairs to the 4th floor. Mom was fit and rearing to go. The daughter who was around 13 was very heavy. She was almost in tears at the thought. At that moment, her mother began to tell her, and I quote- "We are hear because of you, we are hear because you are too lazy to climb stairs and you eat like a pig" "You better suck it up and go with me up the stairs, or you will always be fat and gross". "It is embarrassing, to me, your dad and your brother and sisters". The little girl began to cry, the mom marches through the stairwell, I am standing at the elevator and I was waiting to see what she would do. She got on the elevator with me. Pushed the 4th floor button. This little girl had the look of someone that had just been seen at the school pep rally naked. She was crying but not sobbing. As we got on the elevator, she mumbled, "And I am hear because of you, psycho". I smiled and kinda laughed. She smiled back. I told her that parents don't always get it, we sometimes mess up and don't realize what we say can hurt. She nodded. I get into the waiting room and her mom is already there, she is hot! They go to one side of the room and I found a comfy couch to lounge on until I was called. There were about 6 women in the waiting room, two had gastric bypass, one had the gastric glove (Let's just say, she had a long braid to the side and all I thought was, I didn't know Plano had a Polygamy ranch) , and one was checking in tomorrow for the Lap Band Procedure. Then there was me and this little 13 year old. Her mom said she was going to the skin care facility and would be back. The little girl moved closer to me. We cut up and laughed, talked about school, work, the other women joined in and told us their surgery processes and weight loss success. I was in awe! Then they said it.... those words in which I say to every person that is smaller than me.... "Why are you here"? You are not big enough for the surgery. I gulped, what? I felt kinda bad for them, these ladies now needed eye surgery as well, I told them at least Lasik is cheaper. I told them my true weight, out loud, they seemed shocked, then in the next breath as I continued to berate my body, the little 13 year old said, I think you are Beautiful, just the way you are. I wish I looked like you. I hugged her and said be better, I was not always this size, I was so much smaller and I was not near as angry, sad or hurt. I was confident, proud and strong. I told her it had nothing to do with my weight, it had to do with how people treated me when I was thin vs. now. And while, it is not horrible, it is different. She looked at me and said, I know, my own family treats me that way. She is getting the surgery next week. I told her that I would pray for her and that I couldn't imagine her being any better than she was right now, but I bet she will be so much happier. All I wanted to do was kick her mom's ass the entire time we talked, hell I could of gotten the whale tale together that was there and we could of sat on the bitch! God Bless that Child! Anyway.... KIM JONES.... Kim Jones, Here! The nurse is really cool looking already!

In comes Tonya, hey pretty lady, let's get on that scale................Really? Can I go back and feel sorry for myself with the other Shamu's? Lost 5lbs since last Dr. Appt. That was the good news, Tonya proceeded to tell me she would not let me feel sorry for myself or be to hard on myself, down is the plan and as long as the scale keeps going down we are on our way! COOL, no argument here. Then she takes me to Dr. Garza's examining room, blood pressure-check- metabolism test- check- blood work- check- Skinny, most beautiful woman ever walks into the room - check.

She is gorgeous, fit and has the best boobs ever! Great, how is this woman ever going to understand what I am going through? "Hello, let's get this weight off. Here is your customized diet plan, your prescriptions, your work out regime and all the nutritional information you will need. I will get you a B12 shot ordered weekly for energy. If you could do it on your own you would not be here, I have one goal in mind what is your goal? How much do you want to weigh"?
Did someone tell her about my ADD? She is moving at my kind of speed! I would like to weigh XX0 lbs! Okay that is doable. I would like to lose 66lbs by Christmas.... Here is what I think your goal should be.... 110lbs by August. "Here is your samples, here is your plan and I will see you next month. I expect you to have lost at least 12lbs by the next visit, call me anytime or email Tonya if you need support or are not seeing results".

WTF...... She is no longer the "FAT DOC" she is Officially "Dr. G", she ROCKS. I will fill you in once I read through everything and check out the meds she gave me, tomorrow!

Oh and I told the mom of the little girl on my way out that she had a great daughter, beautiful and very funny. She should be so proud. She just looked at me! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hope I don't run into that mean mom one day! That was wonderful of you to tell her how GREAT her kid is!!

    ReplyDelete